Past Grant Recipients
- 2014: Dr. Constantine Sigov, head of the St. Clement’s Center in Kiev, Ukraine, for general support
- A summer project in Kharkiv, Ukraine, helping dozens of Orthodox children with physical handicaps to participate more easily in the life of their schools and communities.
- Support for the respected Russian Orthodox Metropolitan Filaret, in Minsk, Belarus, who hosted an important Catholic-Orthodox theology conference in November, 2013.
- A “Concert for Peace” in November 2016 in Rome. We partnered with the Russian Orthodox St. Gregory the Theologian Foundation of Moscow, founded by Russian Orthodox Patriarch Kirill and Metropolitan Hilarion. We worked closely with several offices in the Vatican, especially the Pontifical Council for Culture and the Pontifical Council for Christian Unity. Cardinal Gianfranco Ravasi and Cardinal Kurt Koch, the two cardinals who lead those Councils, attended both the event and a reception preceding the concert. After the concert, both cardinals thanked the Urbi et Orbi Foundation for making this important event a reality.
- The Fourth Orthodox-Catholic Forum in Minsk, Belarus, in June 2014, which brought together Orthodox and Catholic bishops from around Europe to discuss religious freedom in the increasingly secularized society of Europe.
- Foundation Pilgrimages annually — 2014-2019
- Coverage of issues pertinent to Eastern Christianity and education in Inside the Vatican magazine — ongoing
The Fifth Orthodox-Catholic Forum in Paris, France, in January 2017